Shipping Personal Effects
Personal Effects is freight packaged and brought to our terminals by a private party (not a business).
All personal effects shipments must be "will-called" by consignee at our destination island terminal.
- Make sure all freight to be shipped is packed in crates, boxes, or protective wrapping to prevent from damage en route to it's destination.
- Each piece, or box, must be labeled with the ship-to address and return address as well as numbered (1 of 3, 2 of 3, etc…).
- Shipments must be brought in to our terminal. We do not pick up personal effects shipments from residences.
- Complete a Hawaiian Express Service bill of lading provided by local office.
- Freight will be measured and weighed to determine charges.
- Freight charges must be pre-paid at local office when tendered to Hawaian Express Service via cash or check.
You will be required to release the value of your shipment at $.10 per pound. You can purchase additional marine insurance from a broker, however, unless professionally packed, most insurance companies will not sell you the marine insurance.
For an estimated freight charge prior to shipping, call your local terminal.